shoe organizers

A long time ago I saw a great idea in a magazine, about using a clear vinyl shoe organizer on the back of a hall closet door to replace that horrible junk drawer that you have in your kitchen.  I have often thought about this . . . but never implemented it.  One reason that stopped me was that it might look quite tacky when I open the closet door to hang up our guests' coats.  Hmmm.  Yeah, we don't hang our guests' coats in the closet; we put them on our bed.  So, what's stopping me? 

Apartment Therapy had an article on it today.  Check out their pictures


This closet is quite enviable and a far cry from what we have going on here at Chez Pitts.  This is probably what would happen here:


Not quite as cute, but organized. Look at this similar organizer that they feature:
I actually have this exact thing!  It was given to me sometime in the early 90s (maybe a HS graduation gift?) and I found it at my parent's house recently with all my old jewelry in it from that era.  Nice.

Real Simple has ideas for the shoe organizer to store art suppliesCreative Homemaking has a list of ideas of how to use the shoe organizer for anything other than shoes, in kids rooms, your bedroom, etc. 

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP