for my sweetie

Lately our little family has amped up our usual Friday Pizza Night celebration by using our own pizza dough.  Before we used that stuff you get in a can, and I can tell you for sure that it is actually not that good.  Making your own dough is so easy, particularly if you have a bread machine.  We got one as a wedding gift and haven't really used it in, oh . . . about 10 years.  So, my sweetie pulled it out one day and said we can use this thing to make pizza dough.  O.K.  As surprising as it was to have my husband instigate using a bread machine, it has been an awesome change!  HE makes it on Sunday afternoons, and we freeze it to use for Friday night.  On Fridays around noon, I pull the dough out of the freezer and let it thaw/rise on the counter until dinnertime.  Then the kids climb up on the stools to help.  Our pizzas are turning out soo good . . . blowing the chain pizza places out of the water and even rivaling a real pizzeria.  Last week we used this Williams-Sonoma's San Marzano Pizza Sauce (which is not on their website, grrr).  It is phenomenal.  I think for Father's Day, I am going to get him this:


And this:

And maybe this:

It's time to take our little party outside!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP